There are a number of problems contributing to our current housing shortage.
- The market is three million homes short of what we need to meet demand
- The housing bust of the early 2000s displaced a lot of construction workers into other fields.
- New home starts had been slow purposely to burn off all the excess inventory built in the early 2000s.
- As new home starts were ramping up, in 2020, COVID hit the brakes and again, many people in construction went into other professions.
- COVID left our supply chain broken with many materials, appliances, and other housing supplies on long term backorder.
Learn more at Florida Realtors, “Proof that Prices Won’t Fall? The New-Home Market